Fall

My Blog List



Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Search

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Contractions

Well this past Monday was very scary. I had a few contractions over the weekend but just thought they were Braxton Hicks so wasn't too concerned. I went to work on Monday still having a few BH and started documenting them since they seemed to be getting more frequent. Well by 11:00 a.m. they were exactly 5 minutes apart so I tried calling both my doctors and no one was available. I made the decision to just go into the hospital which was a good idea. They hooked me up to fetal heart monitors and contraction monitors, took some tests and decided that I was indeed in preterm labor. They gave me 3 shots every hour to stop the contractions and also had ultrasound to check on babies and my cervix. Both babies are now transverse which is very uncomfortable for me. After waiting another hour to make sure they had stopped the contractions I was released to go home but on bed rest for 2 days. I had some more while on bedrest but nothing like they were on Monday. Praying they stop for good and these girls continue cooking until March!

1 comment: